Suhrkamp Verlag / Insel Verlag /
Jüdischer Verlag / Verlag der Weltreligionen /
Deutscher Klassiker Verlag
Non-exclusive reprint permissions / anthology rights
If you would like to reprint texts or excerpts from works published under any of the imprints shown above, please complete our online form. Upon submitting the form, you will automatically receive an email confirmation of your request. Please bear the following points in mind when submitting requests:
1. Please check the publisher’s information inside the work in question to see whether the copyright really is held by one of the imprints listed above.
2. When submitting requests, please state the precise source, i.e. a reference to a title published within one of the above imprints.
Without a source, your enquiry cannot be processed.
3. Please submit a separate inquiry for each publication from which you want to reprint one or more excerpts. After submitting the online form for the required text, you will have the opportunity to draw a new inquiry for your publication while all relevant information will remain unchanged.
4. Please note that a fee is payable on all reprints from our titles.
For continuous text passages, this fee amounts to € 20,00 per each commenced page in our edition. The fee for poems amounts to € 30,00 per poem. Depending on the print run, retail price and total number of pages of your planned publication, the fee may be higher.
For each reprint permission request, however, a minimum fee of € 50,00 will be charged.
5. All requests should be sent by online submission form only. Telephone or email requests cannot be considered.
6. Requests generally take a minimum of four to six weeks to process. Please bear this in mind when submitting your request.
We reserve the right to raise the reprint permission fee in case of requests that did not take the minimum processing period into consideration and need to be processed urgently.
7. If you or your publishing house is based within the European Union, please remember to indicate your VAT number. Without the VAT number we need to add the German value-added tax to the agreed permission fee.
8. Please note that permissions, once issued, are non-reversible, even if the text is not included in your final publication. The invoice remains valid under any circumstance.
Online form for Text requests »
If you would like to reprint an illustration or photo from one of our books or catalogues, or from our website, please apply to:
Requests concerning radio readings and sound recording rights should be addressed to: